Following up on last week’s post all about baby shower gift ideas (you can check it out here), I’m here today to talk about eco-friendly and ethically conscious wedding shower gifts!
- Natural Spun Bamboo Bowl Set – These bowls are made from 100% bamboo and the set comes in three different sizes so they’re sure to fit any culinary need.
- Mexican Serape Blanket – Sahara – This gorgeous hand-woven blanket is made by artisans from Tlaxcala, Mexico. The vibrant and colorful design will add a dash of color to the newlywed’s home strewn over a couch or bed.
- Coconut Wax Jar Candle, Lavender – This hand poured candle is made from sustainably harvested coconut wax and real essential oil aromas.
- Emery Recycled Burgundy Glass – These wine glasses are handmade from 100% recycled glass by classically trained glass blowers. They are made from recycled bottles collected by locals, and the factory uses recycled cooking and engine oil to fuel the furnace and reuses gray water and collected rainwater in the production process.
- Recycled Wine Glass – These stemless wine glasses are handmade in Columbia out of glass recycled from car windows and windshields. The chunkier design makes them great for wine as well as for everyday water glasses.
- Kaisa Grass Basket Bowl – This bowl is an authentic Fair Trade product, is ethically sourced, and handcrafted in Bangladesh. It would be a really nice fruit bowl to have on display on a counter or to hold the remotes in the living room.
- Organic Cotton Cloth Napkins – Made from organic cotton, these napkins are machine washable and able to be used over and over. They add a little touch of flair to the table and are great for everyday use.
- Eco-friendly Organic Cloth Napkins – These napkins are also made from organic cotton and have a cute pattern to spruce up your kitchen table.
- Organic Silk Pillow – Peace – This gorgeous pillow is hand woven from 100% organic silk, and each purchase empowers female artisans at Sustainable Threads in India. This pillow is neutral enough to go with any decor!
- Lima Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set – Made from Thermolon ceramic non-stick coating, these pans are free of lead, cadmium, PFAS, and PFOA. I have the 10″ frying pan and love it. It cooks food up great and cleans SO easily!
- Eco-Friendly Subscription Box – Subscription boxes are huge right now and there are a ton of eco-friendly options like this one from Grove Collaborative or Blue Apron. For other options, check out this article from Crate Joy or this article from hello Subscription; there are TONS.
- Luxe Organic Bath Towels – Made from 100% organic cotton and Oeko-Tex® certified to ensure they do not have any harmful chemicals so they are healthy for you and healthy for the environment.
If you need additional inspiration, here are some of my favorite sources:
- Ten Thousand Villages – http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/
- Uncommon Goods – http://www.uncommongoods.com/
- Anthropologie – https://www.anthropologie.com/
- Bambeco – https://www.bambeco.com/
- The Little Market – https://www.thelittlemarket.com/
What are your bridal shower and wedding gift go-tos? Do you prefer to give “thing” gifts or like to give experiences like subscription boxes? Or are you a cash or gift card person? I find that my gift preference changes with the bride and groom to be.