For those of you that are local to the NY Capital Region, I have pulled together some of my favorite “green” and sustainable things that can be found here. I have included some of my favorite restaurants that feature farm-to-table, or inclusive practices, to local shopping places that practice sustainability in some capacity.
- Puzzles Bakery & Cafe: http://www.puzzlesbakerycafe.com/
- Madison Theater – http://themadisontheater.com/
- Their popcorn is crave-worthy and they do a lot of fun/interesting/thought-provoking community outreach series (they’ve shown a bunch of environmentally focused films)
- Troy Farmer’s Market: https://www.troymarket.org/
- Schenectady Green Market
- Rad Soap Company (located in Stuyvesant Plaza): http://radsoap.com/